Vegan tour of South Africa
On this vegan tour of South Africa you will be able to tailor make the trip of your dreams as we will give you options and locations for activities and you can choose what’s works best for you.
A vegan tour of South Africa is relatively easy to create as there has been an explosion of vegan options within all of the major urban areas of South Africa as well as in the South Africa Safari industry.
- Vegan restaurants from fast food, general, ethnic and fine dining.
- Vegan bakeries.
- Vegan markets.
- Vegan wines for those that drink wine
- Vegan Rhino conservation safaris.
Giraffes Nest sleep out at night Motswari Timbivati
Finally since what a vegan traveler wants out of a vegan trip to another country differs from vegan to vegan
- May want to do a few great white shark caged dives ( you don’t need to be scuba certified) others wont.
- Some may want to visit animal shelters, other wont.
- Some may want to visit wildlife rehabilitation centers, others wont.
- Some may want to have food preparation classes in the tour, others are not interested in this activity.
- Some vegan travelers don’t drink wine so they are not interested in the Cape Winelands, others only drink vegan wine (which we can accommodate on a Cape Winelands tour) and other vegan travelers will drink anything.
- Some vegan travelers may want to visit the rural village area, maybe take a guided walk down the wild coast eating basic vegan meals, others will stick to the urban centers where you have more food choices.
The common denominator is the vegan meals whether you are in the city, the rural areas on a cultural tour and or on safari and we will ensure these meals are taken care.
As well we will give you some local vegan hang outs for you to explore and experience as the locals do.
Vegan tour of South Africa details
To maximize your time in South Africa we suggest at least 14 Nights as you will loose 2 N on flying time if flying from the USA.
Cape Town….The vegan capital of South Africa
OK that a little melodramatic however Cape Town has always been regarded as a foodie culinary town and the current growth in the vegan food sector is just another par of this growth.
Besides having great food Cape Town is a young vibrant city with amazing scenery for a urban city.
Suggested activities in Cape Town, we can incorporate any of them:
- You can look at vegan cape town .
- Any of these Cape Town day tours can be on with vegan meals.
- If you like to be active see Active Cape Town again all available with vegan meals.
1. Full day: Table Mountain city tour…we can arrange a guide or you can self guide to walk up Table Mountain and take the cable car down. If you like adrenalin add in a abseil while on Table Mountain, and or a Tandem paraglide.
2. Art/crafts in the city, possible 2 hours vegan cape Malay cooking experience in a locals home, history of the city, architecture.
3. Half day vegan experience of the city local hangout experiencing different vegan culinary items as we meander. Spend the rest of the day enjoying Cape Town beautiful beaches.
Vegan Fast food restaurant in Cape Town. Lekker is a local word for nice, pleasurable.
4. Full day Cape Point Scenic Tour...most likely the # 1 scenic tour in South Africa. If you like adventure you could part of this day in a side car and bike or e bike part of good hope park which has free roaming grazing antelopes and baboons.
5. Full day Cape Winelands…vegan or non vegan wine your choice, vegan cheese and cholate tasting, meander around the areas smaller towns,
6. Half day township your…some history, some insight into the less fortunate live, visit a community garden, lunch in a local restaurant with a live marimba band. Possibility to donate plants to the community garden or educational materials to a school or supplies to a medical clinic.
7. There is a local dedicated vegan market on a Sunday along with 2 other culinary markets on the weekend with loads of vegan products if you are in the mother city ( term of endearment for Cape Town) on a weekend.
Stephens Cape Town foodie mystery.
Here are 5 different food/culinary options….remind me to tell you where they are once I complete your trip and we the telephone review of the whole trip:
- This is a raw food restaurant close to the ocean
- Donuts and more
- Vegan lickety licks ?
- Fast food vegan food ie burgers, French fries or chips in local lingo ..my favorite the sweet potato chips with garlic sauce.
- Where the sunshine is ????
Plant based smoothie eatery cape town
After Cape Town your choice of village cultural art/craft experiences or a scenic adrenalin beach time experience
The cultural experiences are.
The Eastern Cape..where Nelson Mandela came from, suggest at least 2 to 3N
- Village immersions,
- Waking the wild coast its a easy guided walk on beautiful beaches, with rolling hills with villages dotted all over.
- Visit the Nelson Mandela museum.
- Visit the village he grew up in and if time visit his birth village.
Its true as you get more rural ie into the village areas the food options become more simple yet this is one of the reasons you are travelling in Africa which it to experience the culture, the people, the country with its many variations.
The vegan food available in the rural village areas is quite delicious and easy obtainable as Africa cooking uses vegetables grains, herbs and some spices in there traditional cooking resulting in a variation of vegan dishes.
Scenery along the wild coast walking trail.
or in Venda ..close to Kruger National Park so fits in well with a South Africa safari in Kruger National Park, suggest at least 2 to 3N:
Venda spiritual service
- Has some old ancient forests
- Its people are known for their contribution to music/Arts/Crafts ie potters, drum makers, wood carvers,
- Local fruit and vegetable markets.
- Has very good birding,
- Has a UN world heritage site Mapungubwe with a ongoing archeological dig that you can visit.
This area has and suggest 2 to 3Nights
- South Africa’s largest culinary market with many vegan options
- The worlds highest bungy jump.
- Many nature based active options.
- White sand beaches with the warmer waters of the Indian Ocean
The Garden Route.
Johannesburg 2Nights It has some awesome boutique guest houses, good vegan restaurants, cultural/historical tours, art galleries and markets.
A vegan South Africa Safari..so many choices, it could be any combination of the below
- Rhino conservation safari.
- 2 to 3N private lodge safari
- 2N private lodge and 2Night private guide in the public camp of Kruger National Park….
- 2N South Africa walking safari and 2N private lodge or a private guide in the public camp of Kruger National Park.
or maybe sleep under the Africa sky.
OK this last suggestion is not in South Africa but its an awesome safari option.
Its a sample of what a 4 Night vegan tented safari looks like. However time of year of travel will dictate adding in different activities to enhance the experience.
For your South Africa tour we arrange all the:
- Internal Air flights Air within South Africa, Regional(within Africa) Air, and can provide World Wide International air quotes quotes as we are a authorized International ticketing agency.
- Airport/Hotel/Airport transfers.
- Meet and greet on arrival.
- Day tours private guided or you can self guide yourself.
- Hotel/Safari stays.
- Car rentals.
- Special dietary needs.
- 24 hour local emergency support available in South Africa to assist you.
After the trips docs are issued we do a telephone walk through of the whole trip, that is where the answers to Stephen’s Cape Town vegan foodie quiz will answered.
We design your Africa experience as you want it.