Cape Town Vegan Tours
Being vegan in Cape Town South Africa
Some cities have a vibrant urban area, some cities have a blended natural landscape, some cities have a wide selection of restaurants, others have an appealing selection of farmers markets.
Cape Town South Africa has it all.
I have been a vegetarian for decades, and have been eating vegetarian/vegan at safari lodges long before the current rise in popularity for plant based foods, and have never had a food/dinning problem.
Whether on Safari or in Cape Town we will create for you as you want it a memorable Africa safari and or South Africa Tour vegan style.
In many cases most hotels/safari lodges or camps simply cater for the vegan traveler. Catering is a very impersonal service..one does the least to make it look like the most.
Vegan Dessert Cape Winelands
Accommodating the vegan traveler is a different thing…here the vegan traveler wishes or needs are treated just like any other traveler.
Cape Town has
- Vegan restaurants from fast food, general, ethnic and fine dining.
- Vegan bakeries.
- A Vegan market.
- Vegan wines for those that drink wine
and the rest of Cape Towns restaurants, food/culinary markets, smoothies bars, and bakeries offer so many vegan products.
Cape Town Tour idea:
In Cape Town you can get up ,eat a healthy delicious vegan breakfast, hike up table Mountain, return down via the cable car, or take the cable car both ways
then treat your self to some vegan junk food eats, yes that’s the official description.
Local fast food vegan outlet in Cape Town. Lekker means tasty, nice, pleasurable.
Alternatively you can also drive up the Atlantic ocean in the morning, its called the Cape of Good Hope tour and its most probably the # 1 rated scenic tour in South Africa.
You return via the Indian ocean in the afternoon and you will vegan restaurants, bakeries, and yes lets not forget vegan chocolate, and end your day with you know what-gourmet vegan ice cream…how could I forget that fact.
Cape Town vegan tours are available in any of our Cape Town tours that is because wherever you go in Cape Town there are vegan culinary option’s.
Most of our vegan South Africa tours have a Cape Town stop over in it, and any of them can be a vegan tour with lodging/active’s modifications as you want them.
Experience a half day vegan walking meander guided tour around Cape Town:
- Explore the diversity of Cape Town’s plant based food options on this half day privately guided meander.
- Experience where the local vegans eat, get a sense of the local vegan vibe in Cape Town,
- In this way you get to experience the city of Cape Town by foot, it has a small enough city are that easy to combine the plant based vegan culinary scene with history/architecture and city neighborhoods of Cape Town.
This will include
- Vegan restaurants.
- Vegan bakeries.
- A Vegan market…defendant on the day.
- Awesome coffee shops
- Cape Town has a awesome dedicated Vegan market along with bigger diverse culinary markets with lots of vegan goodies to discover.
- If you happen to have a sweet tooth like I do then ask me about one of my favorite markets stands…hint hint cakes/baked goodies do I need to say more.
- Vegan Chocolate tastings.
- Cape Malay vegan cooking.
- Local township tours that include sustainable urban farming/African vegan cooking/live marimba band.
- Active Cape Town ie walking, surf lessons, biking, paragliding, sea kayaking with local Vegan eats pre/post the activities.
- Vegan winetasting tours into the Cape winelands can be arranged as well as a Vegan picnic lunch on a wine estate.
When you are finished with Cape Town head out on one of our
- Vegan South Africa Tours that can include a
- Vegan South Africa safaris
- Vegan rhino conservation safari.
- or a Vegan Botswana Safaris,
- or a Vegan Kenya Safaris,
- With a vegan meal plan climb Mount Kilimanajro.
- Vegan meals can be arranged for our Namibia Safaris, Zambia Safaris and Zimbabwe safaris.
- Experience a luxury fully serviced vegan canoe safari in a UN world heritage area.
- You can combine Southern Africa, East Africa and a Uganda gorilla safari( your guide is vegetarian) per your request.
Updated-April’21 Cape -Town: Vegan restaurant culinary growth.
While Cape Town has seen a increase of dedicated vegan restaurants, bakeries and many restaurants having from a few vegan options to many option,
during the /’20 lockdown heading into 2021, Cape Town has seen a huge increase in vegan/plant based food options.
On a recent released updated survey from a Cape Town media guide there is:
1) 1 new dedicated vegan restaurant
2) A luxury waterfront hotel new restaurant that has a separate vegan menu.
3) A new gluten free bakery/health food store that also stocks plant based milks and other items.
4) In the Cape Winelands an Italian inspired restaurant with many vegan options.
5) A boutique luxury restaurant located on the Atlantic ocean has full vegan options.
6) A new burger joint with an extensive plant based menu to choose from.
Then there is a new farm to restaurant opening in Newlands and another restaurant that has a increasingly vegan menu.
Besides the dedicated vegan culinary markets, the other general culinary farmers markets have many vegan vendors.
Lastly there is a pop vegan kitchen at the Hout Bay market.
Below enjoy this couples vegan experience in Cape Town from 2016 and Cape Town has seen an explosion in plant based culinary experiences since then.
Remember I have been a Vegetarian for decades and will design for your Vegan Africa Safari, Cape Town or vegan South Africa Tour as you want to experience it.
We design your Africa experience as you want it.