About a Africa Safari:
A Safari is a mystery to many people with unanswered questions such as
- Where to go on a Africa safari.
- What happens during the day while on safari, what clothing do I wear on a safari or is there no special clothing to wear while on a Africa Safari?
- How do you get to a safari camp or lodge, and what is a permanent tent safari, is that a luxury stand up structure or a small budget tent ?
- What are the different types of safaris, what is the game drive all about, and what is a night game drive?
This informational page answers these questions About Africa Safari’s.
The one who makes it happen The Safari guide
Help save the Rhino participate in a Rhino Conservation Safari
Q:Custom designed Africa Safari?
A:It means that we take into consideration your travel time, trip budget and interests which will direct the design of your Africa Safari or South Africa Tour.
1) We can take any Africa Safari itinerary that you like and add in any specific Africa Safari camps
2) Alternatively we can begin with a specific Africa Safari camp or locations and build your Africa Safari itinerary .
“”We can be creative as you want it.””
5 Southern Africa safari locations:
The white lion of the Timbivati, part of the Kruger National Park.
East Africa safari & tours:
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro vegan and non vegan meal plan
- Kenya Safari. Vegan or non vegan options.
- Tanzania Safaris. On request
- Uganda Gorilla Safaris /Tours. On request
Southern and East Africa tours and safaris can seamlessly be combined.
Activities available on a Africa Safari:
1) Leisure Safari ie 2 x per day game drives ,this is usually the norm for all Southern Africa Safari’s.
- You have a dedicated driver/guide and some camps will have a tracker as well for your private use of the vehicle.
- Private use of the vehicle means that you can leave and return when you want to.
- When you are out in the bush you can stop at a sighting for as long or as short of time as you want to.
- Some times at a sighting its a good idea to move around the activity according to the available light and or angle of the sighting. Since there is no one else on the vehicle you don't have to worry about others who may be also taking photos, and reposition the vehicle as you want it.
- Since you have the whole game drive vehicle to yourself, you can spread out with your equipment and have both sides of the vehicle free and clear to work from.
- Some camps/lodges have a dedicated computer with Lightroom/Photoshop that you can use to edit your shots as you go.
- You will find some guides are also into photography and that is a real enjoyable time to be with a guide on a private photographic safari as there is a common point of interest.
We custom design photographic safaris.
7 Camping/powerboat Safari the remote channels of the Okavango Delta,Botswana.
8) Zambia Walking Safari shorter options are available.
Africa Safari combinations/ideas:
Wanting a safari as part of a South Africa holiday tour see South Africa Tours.
Based on a tour of South Africa with different days free for a safari, here are some possible Africa safari combinations.
2 Nights free for a safari:Kruger National Park and or Phinda reserve.
3 Nights free for a safari: Kruger National Park,Phinda reserve or the Kgalagdi Transfrontier Park.
4 Nights free for a safari:
4 Nights meander from Central Kruger down to Southern Kruger National Park
2 Nights Kruger Kruger National Park and 2 Nights Kgalagdi Transfrontier Park.
2 Nights Chobe National Park and 2 Nights Okavango Delta Botswana
2 Nights Chobe National Park and 2 Nights Hwange National Park Zimbabwe
2 Nights Mana Pools and 2 Nights South Luangwa Park Zambia
To add 2 Nights Kruger Kruger National Park and 2 Nights Chobe National Park means you will have to loose the last am game drive in Kruger due to logistics/air schedule,that is the reason I have it under 5 Nights below as it works better this way,and its an awesome combination.
5 Nights free for a safari:
5 Nights meander from Northern Kruger down to Southern Kruger National Park
2 Nights Kruger Kruger National Park, 1 Night Victoria Falls and 2 Nights Chobe National Park Botswana.
2 Nights Lower Zambezi National Park, 1 Night Victoria falls 2 Nights South Luangwa Park Zambia.
2 Nights Kafue National Park,3 Nights Lower Zambezi National Park.
2 Nights Moremi Okavago Delta,1 Night Savuti,2 Nights Chobe National Park Botswana.
2 Nights Okavango delta,2 Nights Selinda reserve, 1 Night Chobe National Park
3 Nights Mana Pools, and 2 Nights Hwange National Park Zimbabwe.
2 Nights Mana Pools,2 Nights Hwange National Park and 1 Night Victoria Falls all in Zimbabwe.
As it goes on,at 7 Nights or so you enter a mobile Safari duration in Botswana
Somalisa Camp Hwange National Park Zimbabwe safari
Southern Africa Safari transport options :
For safaris in in Botswana,Zambia and Zimbabwe we offer 2 different transportation options:
Generally most safaris into these countries begin with scheduled air flight from Johannesburg and or Cape Town into the main airports ie Maun(Botswana)Victoria Falls,etc.
From their you have 2 choices:
A) A scheduled seat in plane air charter that transfers you along with others between camps, which is what most travelers use. This is the lest expensive option
B) We can offer you a private pilot fly in Safari that enables you to move at your own pace, which offers you access to a wider range of remote areas.
Images of some of the planes used for inter camp transport can be found by scrolling down at this link About Africa Safari
We will design your Luxury African Safari as you want it ,inclusive of taking care of all the necessarily internal flights, road transfers etc to get you to the Safari are.
Questions,thoughts,clarifications – contact us
We design your Africa experience as you want it.