South Africa: Tours for the Disabled
We have specialized South Africa tour operators that offer wheelchair friendly safari adventure holidays, and overland camping tours for the disabled traveler.
- We can design safaris and or South Africa tour for the physically disabled traveler as you want it, within the parameters of what is available.
- Our South Africa Tours for the Disabled can be a private tour, or we can join you up with a larger group.
- These can include a South Africa safari, a trip to see the Victoria Falls, tours of the larger cities, the Garden route, and other areas.
- We also have a Kruger National Park, Sabi Sands private lodge that has a special room for the disabled traveler.
Vegan plant based safaris and tours are available for wheelchair bound traveler’s.
Itineraries for disabled travelers in South Africa:
Below is an example of what we can offer,On request we can create other tours and Safaris such as:
- Cape Town City Tours,
- A combination cape town/garden route,eastern Cape safari,
- Historical tour to kwa zulu focusing on British history within South Africa,
- Seasonal whale watching and the amazing wild flowers around Cape Town.
About South Africa tours for the disabled:
One of my operators uses a recent model Mercedes Benz 1617 truck, especially adapted by qualified mechanical engineers for Wheelchair (disabled) passengers to travel in total safety and comfort.
There is a hydraulic passenger lift with remote control, powered by 24V batteries (220V mains) plus a hand pump as a back up system. The passenger compartment has been purpose built, with elevated factory-constructed seats with seat belts.
The facility of removable seats also gives you space and maneuverability inside the passenger compartment to enhance your game viewing and the important all-round views.
The wheelchairs are secured by means of factory built, quick release tie-downs to ensure safety whilst the vehicle is in motion. These tie-downs are bolted and welded to the framework of the truck body enhancing the all-round safety aspects.
Communication is via an open cab / passenger compartment integrated system between the driver and clients.A Mercedes Benz sprinter bus or the like is used for all airport and hotel transfers and smaller tours etc.
Our Handicapped South Africa Safaris and or South Africa Tours are custom designed to meet your needs.
We offer day tours in Cape Town and Soweto as well as well vegan plant based wheelchair bound tours as well.
We design your Africa experience as you want it.