City Footsteps Township Combination Tour.
This tour can be half or full day.
This Footsteps Township Combination Tour you will have a fantastic cultural and historical experience.
We combine the popular Footsteps to Freedom city walking tour of the historic heart of Cape Town,with a Township Tour in the afternoon,hence the name Foosteps Township Combination Tour.
Hear stories of Dutch and British rule at the Cape slavery and apartheid,freedom and democracy.
Township community garden.
City Footsteps Township Tour details:
Sites on the Footsteps Township Combination Tour can include:
City Hall, Grand Parade and Castle of Good Hope
District Six Museum (entry included)
Slave Tree Site , Slave Lodge
Parliament and Tuynhuis,
St George’s Cathedral
Then we depart for the townships where we will have lunch in a local restaurant with a local marimba band.
Walk our streets,visit our homes,see our schools and hear stories about our culture,traditions and rituals.
With us you are not a voyeur,you are our guest.
This scheduled half day cultural tour of the Cape Town Townships of Langa, Guguletu and Bonteheuwel, includes:
· Pick-up and drop-off (Atlantic Seaboard, Waterfront and City Bowl)
· Drive through District Six
· Townships visited: Langa, Bonteheuwel, Guguletu
· Includes: home visit, walking tour, shebeen / tavern, crèche, art and crafts, community gardens, social learning journeys and various memorials.
Our tours facilitate personal experiences,discussion and interaction between township residents and visitors.
Group are small and tours are conducted by current or ex-township residents.
Our focus is on people and their culture, traditions norms and customs and day to day life in the Townships.
Departs: Daily except Sundays
– 10h30-13h30 – Footsteps to Freedom city walking tour
– 13h30-14h00 – Lunch Break (not included)
– 14h00-17h30 – Township Tour