Best of Botswana Mobile Safari
9 days – 8 nights
2 nights Moremi,2 night Khwai,2 nights Savute,2 nights Chobe
Botswana Mobile Safari Trip Summary
Meet your guide in Maun and drive to your private mobile camp in Moremi Game Reserve. Overnight camping
Explore Moremi Game Reserve in 4×4 on morning and afternoon game drives with optional boat cruise in the Delta. Overnight camping.
Moving day to Khwai with packed lunch and afternoon game drive in Khwai. (Approx 4 hour drive)
Morning and afternoon game drives with optional 2.5 hour mokoro excursion.Overnight camping.
Moving day to Savute with packed lunch and afternoon game drive in Savute.(Approx 5 hour drive).
Morning and afternoon game drives in Savute. Overnight camping.
Moving day to Chobe with packed lunch and afternoon game drive Chobe Riverfront. Overnight
Morning and afternoon game drives Chobe Riverfront. Overnight Camping.
Optional morning Chobe River boat cruise and drop off for onwards arrangements 11am.Drop Off Kasane.
Botswana Mobile Safari Trip Details:
Okavango Delta Day 1-2:
Upon arriving at Maun airport you will be met by your professional guide and driven into the Okavango Delta to your private mobile camp.
This journey takes approximately 4 hours though community areas and national park.
Here you can freshen up before heading out on a game drive to explore this great wildlife area.
On day 2 On day 2 an early wake up call is followed by a light continental breakfast before your morning game drive.During the heat of the day you can have a light lunch and siesta in camp before heading off for another game drive in the afternoon.You will return early evening after a sun downer to a camp fire and delicious meal under the stars.
As well you will also have the opportunity to enjoy an optional 3 hour private boat cruise in the beautiful waters of the Okavango Delta.
This part of the Okavango is typical wetland and the scenery varies from grassy flood plains dotted with large termite mounds to well developed mopane forests and riverine woodland; from meandering streams to large open lagoons; from small islands fringed with palms to larger islands with forests of sausage and ebony trees.
The Okavango Delta’s beauty is beyond compare.
Khwai, Moremi Game Reserve Day 3-4:
You will wake up early for breakfast before heading out for a full day in the bush while the team take down and relocate your private camp to the Khwai/east Moremi area of the Delta.
After arriving in Khwai you can explore the area in the game drive vehicle with your guide during the afternoon.Dinner is served under the stars and drinks enjoyed around a camp fire.
You will have a whole day to explore East Moremi on morning and afternoon game drives and you can also choose to experience the traditional form of delta transport by taking an optional 2.5 hour Mokoro trip out on the silent Delta waters.
The beautiful Khwai River borders the Eastern end of Moremi Game Reserve and offers a wetland system with grassy plains and pans surrounded by well-developed mopane forests and riverine woodland.
Large breeding herds of elephant are common as are lechwe, waterbuck, impala, hippos.One can also hope to see buffalo,giraffe, bushbuck, lion,wild dog,leopard,cheetah,black-backed and side-striped jackal, zebra, wildebeest,tsessebe, bush babies,fruit bats,sable,kudu, roan,steenbok,duiker,honey badger.
The birdlife includes water birds as well as dry land birds.
Savute Day 5-6 (FI):Savute Day 5-6 (FI):
An early start to break camp and drive to Savute in the south/west region of Chobe.You stop for a pack lunch on the way while the back up team go ahead and set up your next camp.The drive is approximately 4 hours through National Park and community areas.
After settling into your new camp you can go on a short game drive to explore your new surroundings if time permits or just relax in your new campsite.
On Day 6 you have a whole day to explore Savute.An early start in the morning with a break in camp during the heat of the day for lunch and a rest, then back out in the afternoon ensures the best chances of seeing plentiful game.
The Marsh in Savute is typical grassland surrounded by Acacia bush and stony outcrops and is a haven for wildlife and the famous Basarwa rock paintings.
Savute is famous for its lone elephant bulls, its lions and hyenas as well as the zebra and wildebeest migrations.Other game one can hope to see include:giraffe,tsessebe,warthog,black-backed jackal,leopard,cheetah,bat-eared fox,impala,wild dog, kudu.
Chobe Riverfront Day 7-8 (FI):
Early on the morning of Day 7 you will drive north to the Chobe National Park riverfront.
Enjoy a cold drink and a light packed lunch on the way.The drive is about 4 hours through national park and community areas.You will arrive in camp in the afternoon where you can either relax and enjoy your new surroundings or proceed on a short game drive and a enjoy a sundowner near the Chobe river.
On Day 8 there will be an early wake up call followed by a light continental breakfast before you leave in a morning game drive to track animals large and small.You will return to camp,depending on what you find for a light lunch/brunch.
Enjoy an afternoon game drive before returning to camp for a hot bush shower and a meal under the stars in the evening.
Along the Chobe riverfront the terrain is that of a typical riverine ecosystem.Away from the river we have mixed miombo and broadleaved woodland that harbours rich avifauna.Northern Chobe is famous for its huge elephant & buffalo herds, puku, kudu, Chobe bushbuck and hippo as well as diverse bird life.One could also hope to see lion, leopard, wild dog, giraffe, waterbuck, zebra, impala.
Your Onward Journey Day 9:
As the sunrises it’s time to say goodbye to the team that has been looking after you on your safari adventure.A short drive into town takes you to the Chobe River where you will embark on an optional private 3 hour boat cruise before bidding farewell to your guide and continuing on your journey.
The Safari concludes in Kasane.
We design your Africa experience as you want it.
Included Morula Camping
• Private guide and vehicle
• Walk-in Mini Meru tents (5 x 3 m) with built-in floors, mosquito gauze on two door and four windows
• Small shaded front verandah with door mats and chairs
• Iron beds with double density mattresses (in a canvas bedroll to keep bedding dust proof when moving camp)
• Full linen (one pillow & pillow case; sheets, duvet, duvet cover and two extra blankets; bath and hand towels & face cloth)
• Toiletries: (soap, shampoo, toilet paper, mosquito repellant, mirror)
• Bedside tables, lamps, waste bin, floor mat
• Small portal shelving unit
• Game drive blankets in winter
• Basic laundry. (Staff cannot launder underwear but can provide washing soap if required.)
• En suite shower (private portable shower, filled on request with hot water by camp staff)
• En suite bush toilet (toilet seat over a pre-dug pit with sand to fill in as you go)
• Wash stand – one for each person outside each tent – filled with hot water every morning and on request
• Dining table & chairs
• Tableware: table cloths & napkins, earthenware crockery, cutlery
• Bar: wine glasses & tumblers; full cold bar (bottled water, selection of soft drinks, beer, red or white wine at dinner – as per client
• All meals including 3 course dinner
• Staff complement to take care of all camp chores
• Staff travel in separate back-up vehicle(s) in order to go ahead and set up camp for guests
• Guests do not get involved in any of the camp chores as everything is laid on for them
• Open game drive vehicles with shade roof, game viewing seats & long range fuel tanks
• Seat 6-9 pax plus driver/guide. A second vehicle can be provided upon request for specific group requirements. (Please enquire for
availability and pricing.)
• Luggage space is restricted to approx 15 kg per person
• Park entry and camping fees
• Government taxes & levies (subject to change without notice)
• Public liability
• Medical kit
• Limited reference library
• Invertor to charge batteries in game drive vehicle (South African round pin and European)
Excluded Morula Camping
• International flights
• Any lodge accommodation, meals, transfers or excursions not specified
• Travel, cancellation & medical insurance
• Toiletries: (hand cream, sun block, tissues)
• Airport departure taxes and Tourism development levy tax
• Tips & gratuities for guides and camp staff
• Please bring the relevant plug adaptors for our charging facilities
• Please remember to bring your torch/flashlite